World Food Crisis brings different organizations and many countries around the world to seek new and sustainable food production methods as part of the solution to the crisis.
Hydroponics Aquaponics systems and have lots of benefits for developing countries, for example:
- Growing food without the need of fertile soil
- Saving water & fertilizer saving
- Vegetable and green plants with high nutritional value
- Cultivation of fish is used as a source of high quality protein per person
These advantages make the advanced agricultural methods and Aquaponics Hydroponics attractive tools, especially in recent years, particularly the increase in urban environments (Urban farming). However, this increase in Aquaponics and Hydroponics is complex and requires prior knowledge and equipment, and may not be available in developing countries, making the task of setting up the system more complicated, however certainly possible.
When we approach the project in developing countries we work in accordance with emphasis on:
- Operating system – keeping it simple technically
- Sustainable – Would you be able to get the parts of the system in local markets if there is a problem
- The nature of the local population – large rural systems or small home systems
- Network detached work – relying on sources of alternative energy and fertilizer such as bio-gas systems and solar ?
Analysis of all the above and more allows us to make projects successful and sustainable without professionals around the towers.
Since 2010 our team has planned and built dozens and Hydroponics Aquaponics systems in developing countries such as Ethiopia, Ghana, Cambodia, China, the Palestinian Authority, Jordan and others. While working on these projects we were involved with several large organizations:
- WFP UN-FAO – various projects in Africa and the Middle East
- Non-profit organizations such as the IPCRI, Osprey, Byspoke, Engineers without boards, etc.
- Writing professional guides on the subject Aquaponics and Hhidrofonika for UN
- Winning first place in Pears Challenge Israel on the LivingBox project
As part of the desire to develop as a business carving also championed social and environmental principles we have published several professional guides, free of charge, for building and growing and Hydroponics Aquaponics systems and help with technical support on-line volunteer to various organizations around the world.
We call for cooperation with voluntary institutions in Israel and the world to spread the aquaponics and hydroponics methodsContact us
DIY - Do it yourself
You decided to build a system by yourself? we are here for you! In the DIY page you will find guides to set up and run a full system. The guides are free of charge.
Aquaponics and hydroponics Workshop for home growers, beginners or advanced . In the workshop you will get all the information you need, including written manuals showing how to build and operate Hydroponics and Aquaponics systems in your home!